There are two types of surrogacy:
- traditional – the surrogate’s egg is used to create the embryo of the child she is going to carry (either through intrauterine insemination or in vitro fertilization.)
- gestational – the intended parents create an embryo using their own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm with the help of IVF technique.
In the ADONIS group of hospitals, we perform only the gestational surrogacy programs involving the IVF and donor sperm or donor egg if it is needed.
- If traditional one is outlawed in the surrogate’s states and the intended parents will need to pursue gestational surrogacy.
- Gestational surrogacy allows many intended mothers to be related to their child.
- Intended parents who have remaining embryos from past IVF treatments can use those in gestational surrogacy.
Our Gestational Surrogacy Program has been successfully operating since 2012. Programs with the participation of Surrogate mother can be provided in the territory of Ukraine for officially married heterosexual couples (man and woman).
The possible options of the gestational surrogacy:
- The patient egg + the patient sperm
- donor egg + patient sperm
- patient’s egg +donor sperm
**It is a must that the child should have a genetic connection with one of the patients at least.
Reproduction Biologists and Embryologists of the Medical Center ADONIS are ready to devote all knowledge, capabilities, and experience to achieve a successful pregnancy and birth.
Gestational surrogacy in Ukraine is fully legalized and allowed under the following conditions:
- Medical indications of women for the program.
- Properly executed documents required for the SM program.
- Spouses (or one of the expectant parents) must have a genetic connection with the child.
- A surrogate mother must not have a genetic connection with the child.
According to Ukrainian law, it is also permitted to carry pregnancy by close relatives of future parents. An adult capable woman can become a surrogate mother if she has her own healthy child and there are no medical contraindications. Biological parents are the parents of the child and only they receive the rights for the baby (the surrogate mother has no rights to the baby).
Surrogacy Program Algorithm
Initially, the couple is approved by a Reproduction Biologist of the Medical Center ADONIS based upon the woman’s medical indications for the SM Program. Our lawyers confirm patients’ citizenship, to make sure that our patients will not have difficulties or delays in registering the baby.
The next step is the signing of Coordination Agreement of the Program and selection of SM by our trusted partner, the Fertility Solutions Agency. Two SM candidates’ profiles will be provided for our patients to choose. As soon as SM is chosen, Coordinators of the International Department of ADONIS will plan the patients’ visit.
Reproduction Biologists of the Medical Center ADONIS prescribes an individual treatment plan for patients and a list of necessary medical examinations. During the first visit, patients get acquainted with their SM, sign all the necessary documents and provide their biological information. Based on the results of the IVF program, the SM passes a HCG blood test, and after a positive result, the pregnancy of the SM can be confirmed by ultrasound examination. SM’ Prenatal Care is carried out by Medical Center ADONIS. Ultrasound results, videos and photos of the fetus are provided to patients. Patients are always informed at each stage about all the news during Surrogacy program.
The next visit of the couple is before their baby’s birth, date, and duration of stay depend on the patient’s citizenship and the requirements of their embassy. All SM programs are carried out under the strict supervision of our coordinators, lawyers and experts. We make sure that patients always feel very close to their future baby to experience the pregnancy personally.