Unfortunately, the opportunity given by nature to have children is not available to every woman due to the many pathologies of the reproductive system of both women and men. But thanks to the latest advances in modern medicine, fertility intrauterine insemination has become a reality in ADONIS.
The essence of IUI is to place a specially treated seminal fluid (donor’s or partner’s) in the uterus of a woman. The procedure of intrauterine insemination is performed during ovulation, so the probability of the onset of such a long-awaited conception is very high. This method allows to help a woman to get pregnant painlessly and almost without penetrating into her body.
Intrauterine insemination is required:
Use of partner’s sperm:
- patient has vaginismus;
- anatomical and physiological developmental characteristics of the cervix that interfere with sperm penetration;
- immune incompatibility, when during the self-conception spermatozoa die without reaching the uterus.
Indications for use of donor’s sperm:
- total male infertility (complete absence of spermatozoa);
- rhesus conflict;
- single woman who wants to have a baby.
According to Ukrainian Law infertility treatment with using donor material is allowed only under medical indications. Donation is anonymous in Ukraine.
Preparation to IUI
- examination of couple (or woman);
- preparation of ejaculate by its purification from low-active sperm as well as its enrichment with agents that increase the probability of successful fertilization of the egg;
- selection of donor sperm according to the desires of patients and test results (appearance, age, blood type, Rh factor, etc.) (if required);
- obligatory elimination of the patient pathologies identified while diagnosis and preventing normal fertility in terms of intrauterine insemination;
- relief of chronic diseases;
- ovulatory cycle control as well as further ovulation induction (if required).
Intrauterine insemination procedure in ADONIS
IUI procedure is assigned during the active patient ovulation when the egg is ready to the process of fertilization. Embryologist of ADONIS selects a portion of pre-treated and activated sperm to a special apparatus. Note that usage of frozen sperm requires its pre-heating to body temperature. Not later than two hours after the preparation, the seminal fluid is delivered into the uterus using a special catheter.
The entire procedure is performed by experienced fertility specialists with wide experience, using only sterile materials which eliminate the risk of infection.
Upon the expiration of 14 days after IUI, the patient is prescribed the required laboratory and hardware studies to confirm the pregnancy.