Ultrasound diagnostics is a non-invasive examination of internal organs for possible diseases. This procedure does not require operative intervention and is also notable for its economy for the patient.
Ultrasound diagnostics is actively used in obstetrics and gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, mammology and other medical fields.
Indications for Ultrasound Diagnostics
Ultrasound diagnostics is carried out to determine possible violations in the functioning of almost all internal organs. The most common examinations with ultrasound are:
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity (including liver, pancreas, spleen, gall bladder). This procedure is performed to check for inflammatory diseases (cholecystitis, pancreatitis, internal bleeding, cysts, polyps, tumors, hepatitis)
- Ultrasound examination of the thyroid gland (to check for thyroid cancer or thyroid enlargement)
- Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs (to check for violations in the functioning of uterus, fallopian tubes and appendages, namely tumors and cysts)
- Ultrasound examination of the mammary glands (performed to diagnose mastopathy, cysts, breast tumors, mastitis)
- Ultrasound examination of the organs of male pelvis (to detect abnormalities in the functioning of prostate gland, bladder)
- Ultrasound examination of the kidneys (to check for the presence of stones, cysts and tumors in kidneys, impaired blood outflow, etc.)
- Ultrasound examination during pregnancy (to monitor the state of the fetus at different stages of pregnancy, its gender and size, possible developmental abnormalities, etc.)
3D scanning of mammary glands
3D ultrasound examination enables tissue scanning from different angles. A special program processes the images received from the device and reconstructs a three-dimensional image of the examined organ. This increases the accuracy of the study and allows to diagnose changes from 1 mm in size.
3D breast ultrasound scan can be performed at ADONIS. The study is suitable for women of any age. 3D ultrasound provides high-quality imaging even if the mammary glands have a dense structure.
3D ultrasound machine Acuson S2000 ABVS from Siemens company is installed in the medical center. There are only 2 such devices in Ukraine.
The Somo-V ABUS system is used as an addition to mammography for screening studies of the mammary glands in order to detect cancer in the following categories of patients:
- women who do not have symptoms of the disease, and the results of mammogram are in a normal range or indicate benign tumors (grade 1 or 2 according to BI-RADS)
- women with increased density of breast tissue (structure/density 3 or 4 according to BI-RADS) who have not previously undergone surgical interventions on mammary glands
The system has its advantages:
- Convenience of use
- Scanning can be carried out by specially trained personnel, not only a doctor or sonographer
- Convenience of positioning the sensor
- Lack of ionizing radiation
- High efficiency of cancer detection in women with increased breast density
Why should one apply for the ultrasound diagnostics in ADONIS?
- Quality control of services
- Modern technologies
Our devices print color images of examination results with maximum details and quality (for this type of examination)
- Qualified experts
We guarantee a professional diagnostic report by our diagnostic doctors based on accurate diagnosis