There are several types of mammoplasty, which are performed depending on the goals and desired results.
Breasts that large disproportionately can cause physical and emotional distress for patients. Patients with macromastia may experience physical discomfort as a result of the weight of their breasts. The resulting pain can make it challenging for some people to perform common physical activities. Some patients can suffer from emotional distress.
Indications for Breast reduction:
- Congenitally small breast size (micromastia)
- Breast hypertrophy
- Underdevelopment of mammary glands
- Breast asymmetry
- Ptosis of mammary glands
- Loss of shape and tone of breast after the childbirth
- Mastectomy (previous removal of mammary glands)
Big breast is definitely beautiful, but excessively large breast often causes psychological and physical discomfort. That is additional pressure on the spine, constant pain in the back and neck, inconvenience in everyday life from the selection of clothing to unwanted sweating under the breast. Breast reduction surgery allows women to regain self-confidence and attractiveness.
Breast reduction surgery is aimed at removing excess tissue of mammary glands as well as fatty tissue, moving the nipple and areola, and breast lifting. Breast regains its natural form. With the help of reduction mammoplasty, the surgeons of ADONIS Beauty clinic will help you to solve both aesthetic and functional problems.
This kind of surgery is quite complicated. During the operation, the symmetry of mammary glands and aesthetic forms should be achieved, and most importantly, normal blood supply should be maintained.
The main tasks of breast reduction surgery:
- removing the excessive fat and glandular tissue;
- remodeling the remained glandular tissue;
- excision of excessive stretched skin;
- lifting the nipple-areola complex.
During breast reduction surgery, a T-shaped incision is made on the surface of the mammary gland. Then the plastic surgeon dissects the excess skin, adipose tissue, transfers the nipple-areola complex to the right place. Thus, the desired symmetry of the breast is achieved.
Be sure to ask questions:
It’s very important to address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon. It is natural to feel some anxiety, whether excitement for the anticipated outcome or preoperative stress. Discuss these feelings with your plastic surgeon.
Any surgery has risks, here are the possible risks of breast reduction surgery:
- Unfavorable scarring
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Blood clots
- Poor wound healing
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Skin discoloration, permanent pigmentation changes, swelling and bruising
- Damage to deeper structures—such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles and lungs—can occur and may be temporary or permanent
- Breast asymmetry
- Fluid accumulation
- Excessive firmness of the breast
- Potential inability to breastfeed
- The potential loss of skin/tissue of breast where incisions meet each other
- Potential, partial, or total loss of nipple and areola
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Pain, which may persist
- Allergies to tape, suture materials, and glues, blood products, topical preparations or injectable agents
- Fatty tissue deep in the skin could die (fat necrosis)
- Possibility of revisional surgery