Physiorehabilitation is an important clinical area. After all, the fight against the disease does not end after surgery or treatment. It is necessary to eliminate motor and functional disorders, restore the body’s resources, harmonize damaged biomechanisms, eliminate pain.
Restoration of the former working capacity, return to a full-fledged way of life, directly depend on the timely started recovery program. To reduce the period of rehabilitation after surgery, to restore the work of the affected organs, to improve the overall quality of life, to return the patient to society: these are the tasks successfully implemented by experienced rehabilitation specialists ADONIS. Our specialists have given a second chance to a full life to thousands of patients, restoring freedom of movement without pain and restrictions. You can see this by reading reviews on specialized resources.
We need an experienced rehabilitation specialist in Kyiv – find your specialist at ADONIS. We know how to regain freedom of movement.
What does a rehabilitation specialist do?
The rehabilitation specialist is an expert in restoring the normal quality of life after injuries, diseases, operations and congenital pathologies.
The doctor studies the clinical history of the patient, diagnoses functional and motor disorders, draws up an individual rehabilitation card. It also indicates the purpose, number of procedures performed, clinical progress or the appearance of additional symptoms. For example, if a patient is undergoing rehabilitation after a stroke, the map shows progress in motor activity, features of neurological status (articulation and understanding of the spoken language, orientation in space, time). A separate control point in the map is the assessment of quality of life, with the achievement of independence in all aspects of daily life. Social rehabilitation is also one of the important tasks of a rehabilitation specialist.
During classes, the doctor helps to restore:
- movement in the joints
- normal walking
- skin sensitivity
- muscular mobility
- balance, coordination of movements.
Recovery can be performed with the help of therapeutic physical exercises, manual techniques, as well as with the use of auxiliary techniques (tapes, massage rollers, etc.). Together with speech therapists and psychologists, ADONIS rehabilitation specialists are also engaged in the restoration of cognitive activity, speech and other functions.
Areas of rehabilitation in ADONIS
In modern ADONIS branches all conditions for effective rehabilitation in many directions are created:
- Rehabilitation after operations
- Recovery after COVID-19
- Elimination of pain in osteochondrosis
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Recovery after orthopedic surgery
PM&R physician consultation:
Collecting medical history, diagnostics, and testing of motor, functional and other disorders.
Testing using the clinical scoring system to determine the degree of disturbance: balance, coordination, decreased strength, spasticity, dysfunction of upper limbs, walking disorder, self-care, and overall quality of life.
Compilation of a rehabilitation program based on the identified data:
Using the clinical scoring system, we identify the main problems, predict their elimination, and the rehabilitation methods that we will use.
Individual rehabilitation practices include:
- a set of therapeutic exercises and recommendations aimed at improving general mobility,
- reducing pain,
- restoring range of motion and other systems, and the body in general, balance, coordination,
- increasing strength, muscle endurance and improving movement skills,
- restoring or compensating of impaired or missing functions,
- exercises, massage, manual-muscular and joint techniques, and preformed physical factors,
- training in self-care, movement, independent activities, and maintaining proper physical condition and health,
- the progress of a physical therapy program is constantly analyzed, making all necessary adjustments.
What we use in a course if a program?
Manual-muscular and joint techniques:
• PNS – Proprio-Neuromuscular Stimulation – to stimulate regaining movements in paretic muscles and increasing painless range of motion;
• PIR – Post Isometric Relaxation – to reduce the contract, reduce pain and restore normal range of motion;
• Bobath therapy – to normalize muscle tone and restore proper motility, improve voluntary intentional movements in the lower and upper extremities and restore missing motor skills.
Our comfortable RehabGYM is fully equipped with:
Swedish ladder, balancing platforms, gymnastic balls, treadmill, stairs, and inclined surfaces.