A pulmonologist diagnoses and treats diseases of the bronchi, lungs and other organs of the respiratory system – severe acute and chronic pathologies. Diseases of the respiratory system are very common in people of different ages, so the pulmonologist is one of the most demanded doctors.
Pulmonologists of ADONIS Medical Center have the highest qualification categories and over 10 years of experience. The medical center has its own research laboratory and diagnostic equipment, allowing doctors to establish the exact diagnosis of the patient and select the optimal treatment as soon as possible.
When do you need to consult a pulmonologist?
Most often, patients are referred for a consultation with a pulmonologist by a therapist or family doctor when it is necessary to clarify the diagnosis or choose the optimal treatment for the bronchi and lungs.
You need a consultation with a pulmonologist if you have the following symptoms:
- Feeling of suffocation
- Prolonged cough
- Coughing up phlegm or blood clots
- Shortness of breath after light exercise
- Chest pain when breathing
- Persistent sore throat
- Body temperature rise, weakness along with other symptoms
Various diseases can cause these symptoms. Most of can be treated with medicines, but some pathologies require hospitalization in the department of pulmonology or thoracic surgery. To choose a right treatment method, a doctor needs to conduct a thorough diagnostics and establish a diagnosis.
In pulmonology, for the diagnosis of diseases, the following methods are used:
- Laboratory tests (blood, urine, phlegm tests) – allow to determine the presence of inflammation and its intensity, to identify an infection.
- Chest X-ray – allows to identify inflammation, foci of tuberculosis, neoplasms, changes of blood vessels and lymph nodes.
- Computed tomography – helps to determine the size of pathological foci, the nature of neoplasms, infectious destruction.
- Spirography – determines the volume of the lungs and the level of ventilation.
- Oxyhemometry – determines the level of blood oxygenation.
- Bronchoscopy – endoscopic examination of the larynx, trachea and bronchi, which allows to determine the location of the pathological process and take biomaterial for biopsy. It is also used for medicinal purposes to extract foreign objects, mucus and pus, and to administer medications.
As a rule, several types of examinations are prescribed to establish an accurate diagnosis. For example, it can be laboratory tests and X-rays or CT. Bronchoscopy is used only if there are special indications, in particular, at suspicion on tuberculosis or cancer.
In ADONIS you can undergo all the necessary examinations in the department of radiology.
In the pulmonology department, a patient can be prescribed:
- Antibacterial therapy – in case of infectious nature of the disease.
- Antihistamines – in case of allergies.
- Symptomatic treatment – to eliminate symptoms associated with the disease.
- Bronchoscopy – for washing the bronchi, eliminating phlegm.
- Hormone therapy – in case of bronchial asthma and some other diseases.
The choice of treatment is always individual. In case of severe illnesses, the patient may need treatment in a hospital in the pulmonary center. Most diseases can be treated at home if you consult a pulmonologist in time.
Benefits of treatment in ADONIS:
- Doctors-pulmonologists of the highest category with more than 10 years of work experience
- Diagnostic equipment from Germany and the USA
- Own research laboratory
- Guaranteed quality and accuracy of the diagnosis
- Ability to visit a doctor and conduct examinations in one visit
Sign up for a consultation with a specialist using the online application form or by calling to our contact center.