ADONIS employs experienced orthopedic traumatologists. They can provide professional help with bruises, sprains, fractures, dislocations, combined injuries, pathological processes in the musculoskeletal system.
Orthopedist’s consultation is needed if you experience the following symptoms:
- Joint pain as a result of bruises, sprains, dislocations of the limbs
- Bone deformity and possible fractures, ligament ruptures
- Flat feet
- Pain in the feet
- Back or cervical pain
- Painful sensations, numbness in the lower and upper limbs
- Redness, swelling, poor joint mobility
- Burns and frostbite
What diseases are treated in ADONIS?
The musculoskeletal system is a complex and well-coordinated mechanism, consisting of many bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, nerve endings. Various injuries are possible throughout life, with age there are all sorts of painful sensations in the knees, feet, spine. The cause can be a whole range of diseases – from congenital clubfoot, flat feet to arthrosis and serious injuries.
Recent injuries, bruises, dislocations, bone fractures are treated by traumatologists, while orthopedists correct the consequences of old injuries, improperly fused fractures, deformities of the musculoskeletal system. Also, orthopedists are involved in the rehabilitation of patients.
The most common diseases:
- Damage to the integrity of tissues, wounds requiring surgical treatment.
- Fractures and bruises of bones and joints.
- Neoplasms of soft tissues and tendons.
- Ligament and tendon damage.
- Meniscus injury – injury to the cartilage layer in the knee joint.
- Flat feet – lowering of the longitudinal and transverse arch of the foot.
- Arthritis – an inflammatory process in the joints.
- Bursitis – post-traumatic inflammation of the mucous membrane of the periarticular bag.
- Arthrosis – a secondary inflammation, a change in the structure of the joint, which often occurs along with arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis – chronic disease of the joints, changes in the structure of cartilage, bone tissue, ligaments and other components of the joint.
- Periarthritis – inflammation of the periarticular tissues and ligaments in the elbow or knee joint.
- Osteoporosis – chronic decrease in bone strength as a result of decreased bone mass and changes in bone structure.
- Osteochondrosis – dystrophic changes in cartilage and bone tissue, usually in the intervertebral discs.
- Hallux valgus – curvature of the phalangeal joint of the first toe.
That is just a short list of diseases that are treated in ADONIS traumatological department.
How diseases are diagnosed in our traumatology?
To conduct a complex examination and diagnose diseases, the department of orthopedics and traumatology has experienced specialists, high-quality equipment and its own laboratory.
To determine the place and degree of a damage, an orthopedic traumatologist prescribes an instrumental examination:
- Ultrasound diagnostics – examination of the condition of muscles, ligaments, tendons, cervical spine.
- Radiography – examination using X-rays. It is used for examination of fractures, osteochondrosis, detection of tumors.
- Computed tomography (CT) – the most effective complex for examining internal organs, soft tissues and the skeletal system.
Depending on the nature of the damage, if necessary, traumatologists prescribe diagnostic computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging.
Orthopedic surgeons perform the following procedures and operations:
- Conservative and surgical treatment of fractures
- Endoprosthetics of the knee and hip joints
- Arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder joints
- Operational correction of foot deformities
- Intra-articular administration of drugs
- Joint lipofilling, orthobiology
- Stem cells injection
Advantages of treatment at ADONIS:
- Treatment is carried out according to European quality standards
- Only modern types of anesthesia are used
- High quality implants for surgical treatment
- Modern endoscopic and minimally invasive equipment
- Professional orthopedic traumatologists, surgeons with over 10 years of experience
- Own laboratory
- The latest diagnostic equipment:
– Ultrasound machine Siemens Acuson S2000 ABVS and Samsung Medison UGEO H60 for all types of ultrasound examination.
– Computed tomograph spiral SIEMENS (Germany, 2017), allows to conduct research in patients with heavy weight.
– X-ray machine Cormano (Italy, 2017), provides digital X-ray scan in 1, 2 and 4 projections.