Mammologist is a specialist diagnosing, preventing and treating breast diseases in women.
The ADONIS group of hospitals employs highly qualified mammologists who will help to solve the most common problems associated with women’s breast (painful sensations and pain syndromes at the beginning of the menstrual cycle, mastitis, mastopathy, tumors, etc.).
When should I visit a mammologist?
If you have any of the following symptoms, contact a mammologist immediately:
- Recurrent pain and discomfort in the mammary glands
- Lumps in the armpits and breast
- Discharge from the nipples
- Redness and concomitant heaviness in the breast
- Breast injuries (bruises, bumps, etc.)
- Progressive breast asymmetry
- Previous complications during pregnancy
Annual consultation with a mammologist is required if you have problems with organs of the genitourinary system, disorders of liver function, hormonal disorders, severe stress, as well as previous breast cancer in relatives (heredity).
For the examination of mammary glands, we use:
- Ultrasound examination of breast
- 3D breast ultrasound scan
- Laboratory diagnostics
- Hormonal research
In ADONIS, all mammological examinations are carried out on top class expert equipment.
- Mammograph Lilyum, Metaltronica (Italy)
- Automatic 3D breast scanner Siemens ABVS S2000
Mammologists of the ADONIS group of hospitals of Companies diagnose and provide treatment for patients with the following pathologies:
- Breast tumors (sarcoma, fibroadenoma, cancer, etc.)
- Hormonal diseases of the mammary glands (mastalgia, mastopatitis, mastodynia and others)
- Anomalies in the development of mammary glands
- Inflammatory processes of mammary glands
A regular visit to a mammologist and instrumental diagnostics will help to prevent the above mentioned diseases.