What is gynaecological surgery?
It is surgery on any part of a woman’s reproductive system ( vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries). Gynecologic surgeons often do procedures on a woman’s urinary tract as well.
Some gynecologic surgeries are simple and may be done in at the gynecologist’s office, while others are done in the hospital. Common gynecologic surgeries include:
- Uterine artery embolization, which cuts off the blood supply to a uterine fibroid so it gets smaller
- Removal of ovarian cysts (non-cancerous growths on an ovary)
- Removal of cysts or fibroids (non-cancerous growths) in the uterus
- Removal of growths from the cervix (the lower part of the uterus that connects to the vagina)
- Tubal ligation (tubes tied)
- Removal of the uterus (hysterectomy), ovaries, or other parts of a woman’s reproductive system
- Surgical treatment of gynecological (cervical, uterine, and ovarian) cancers
- Cystoscopy, which is a procedure that lets the doctor look inside the urinary tract to check for growths, bladder stones, or other problems
- Hysteroscopy, which is a procedure that lets the doctor look inside the uterus by inserting a thin tube through the vagina and cervix
Everything was great. Good service and very professional doctor!
My gynecologist consultation with ADONIS was very good. Most importantly I didn’t face any difficulties with communicating in English. Thanks again!