In modern life, when each of us faces stress, smoking, a sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy fast food, which in turn often leads to excess weight, it is very difficult to find at least one mature person who hasn’t had any problems with the heart. And that’s the reason to search for the cardiology medical help.
Symptoms that require a visit to a cardiologist:
- Discomfort in the left part of the chest
- Aching or pressing pain in the heart area
- Feeling of an unstable or increased heart rate
- Shortness of breath at rest or on exertion
- Leg edema
- Pulse over 90 or less than 55 beats per minute
- Continuous or periodic increase of blood pressure (over 140/90)
- Throbbing headaches and dizziness
- Increased fatigue
The main risk factors contributing to the development and progression of cardiovascular diseases:
- Alcohol consumption
- Sedentary lifestyle
- High cholesterol
- Excess weight
- Hereditary heart diseases
- Elderly age
What diseases do cardiologists treat?
- Heart failure
- Myocardial dystrophy
- Heart defects (congenital and acquired)
- Heart attacks
- Cardiac ischemia
- Arrhythmias: bradycardia, tachycardia, incomplete heart block
In ADONIS, you can undergo the following examinations:
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Echocardiography (EchoCG) (ultrasound scan of the heart)
- Doppler ultrasound of vessels
- Holter monitoring of ECG + blood pressure
- Laboratory diagnostics
- Treadmill test – a method for examining the state of the heart, its rhythm, as well as blood pressure readings during exercise. It is used to diagnose ischemic disease, to determine exercise tolerance.
The multidisciplinary diagnostic base of the ADONIS group of hospitals makes it possible to identify the causes of the development of the disease in the early stages, make a diagnosis and conduct effective treatment.